by BRANDON UTLEY
1. When they ask “do you work here?” as if you are wearing the uniform for fun.
2. When they ask if there is more in the back as if it is a portal to another dimension.
3. When they make the worst joke in retail history. “If it doesn’t scan it’s free right?”
4. When you are not busy for five minutes and someone walks up and says “you look like you need some work to do.”
5. When they say how sad it is that you have to work on a holiday as if they are not the one in the store shopping.
6. When they ask to see a manager just for them to say the exact same thing you did.
7. When they spend the entire transaction on their phone instead of paying attention.
8. When they walk up to you and do not say a single word yet expect you to know exactly what they want.
9. When they act like they saw coupons in the email when you don’t even send out coupons.
10. When they ask for a senior/employee discount when they are not elderly or an employee.
11. When they accuse you of being rude even though you are just doing your job
12. When they complain about the store running out of merchandise as if you were single-handedly in control of the inventory.
13. When they think they can do whatever they want because they are a “regular customer.”
14. When they try to get you to break policy for them because “they did it last time.”
15. When they interrupt your working because they have a “quick question” that is never quick.
16. When they get mad when you ask if they want a rewards/credit card.
17. When they slide their money on the counter instead of handing it to you like a normal person.
18. When they cut you off mid greeting.
19. When they make a mess and say its “job security” for the employees.
20. When you ask how they are doing and the only response they can come up with is “yup.”